SheDoc: supporting women documentary filmmakers.
Documentary Australia Foundation and Screen NSW are delighted to launch our new initiative SheDoc, to encourage greater participation of women in documentary filmmaking. The fellowship aims to make a pivotal contribution to women's filmmaking careers and is open to women working in documentary at any stage of their professional life and in any key role. Our aim is to award up to 4 grants a year
• to encourage new voices;
• to enable skills to be consolidated or developed;
• to assist projects to be kick started or completed
• to assist in building strategic audience engagement strategies.
SheDoc needs your support:
We are offering four levels of support:
$1,500 could support a filmmaker to participate in professional development
$2,500 could help develop pitching documents for their film
$5,000 could help a filmmaker travel and shoot initial footage for a trailer
$10,000 could help a filmmaker develop an impact strategy.
All donors will be:
• acknowledged on the Documentary Australia website
• invited to meet the filmmaker recipients of the SheDoc grants
• invited to see works in progressof films/projects and reports on professional
development made through SheDoc funding**
• invited to participate in an evaluation session as part of the impact campaign
for films made through SheDoc funding
• invited to at least 2 private documentary screening events each year
• invited to all Documentary Australia events, and receive regular updates.
Join us on the exciting journey to support a greater diversity of women’s voices and vision in documentary storytelling.
Watch the SheDoc promo video here