IMPACT + FUNDING
Sydney workshop for documentary filmmakers
Do you need to raise vital funds to kick off your documentary project ?
Do you want understand the philanthropic landscape?
Learn about philanthropy, building partnerships and impact strategy.
Earlier this year our CEO Mitzi Goldman held a highly successful and well-received StoryWorks Masterclass in Melbourne which was specifically for Victorian-based filmmakers. We received really positive feedback on the new format that we trialled, so we will be applying it to this workshop. Mitzi will be taking you through how to develop your case for support and give you an opportunity to deliver your pitch and receive feedback. She will also cover finding philanthropic funders, building relationships and soliciting support. You will also receive a Handbook containing information to support your fundraising journey. This is a great opportunity to tap into all of that industry knowledge – we encourage all filmmakers to register for this Sydney workshop.
HOW IT WORKS
The day is designed to provide all in attendance a number of takeaways essential to developing a successful fundraising and impact campaign. These include:
- Providing a clearer understanding and definition of strategy development and campaign design;
- Offering insight into how to fundraise;
- Demonstrating effective methods for developing long-lasting partner relationships;
- Demystifying the numerous distribution and marketing platforms that are available;
- Providing tools for developing meaningful and effective impact assessment;
- Giving filmmakers and impact producers an idea of major players in the space
Cost: $150 +GST, includes a light lunch
Location: 52 Victoria Street, Paddington, NSW 2021
Please note that occasionally this workshop is postponed to a later date, so if comng from interstate - please register and then contact us closer to the workshop date prior to booking travel. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
”This was an inspiring and informative workshop that gave me a clearer understanding of seeking potential funding.”
"Thank you for nurturing our futures in film making!"
"Mitzi was extremely encouraging and generous with her wisdom."